Director of Engineering (Remote)
- Engineering – Full Time
- Location: United States (Remote)
Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcoming place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across over 30 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Director of Engineering at Cloudbeds, you will lead a global engineering team to deliver best in class software solutions to hotel properties in 150 countries. Working closely with leadership, you will leverage your organizational design and management experience to scale engineering by joining best practices with Cloudbeds culture. Through your exceptional project management and communication skills, you will implement hiring, onboarding, training, career development, and performance management programs to promote technical excellence and a healthy environment. You will manage and mentor engineers and managers, fostering a culture of continuous improvement – Kaizen! As a Director of Engineering at Cloudbeds, you will be essential in achieving our goal to empower every hotel in the world to better connect with guests.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and scale a rapidly growing, global engineering organization.
- Work with our recruiting team to hire top talent across the globe.
- Partner closely with leadership and product to deliver high-impact products.
- Develop, align, and guide department-wide initiatives promoting technical excellence, innovation, engagement, and diversity.
- Manage engineers and managers, driving a healthy and productive engineering organization.
- Promote excellent performance through onboarding, training, and career development programs.
- Partner with finance to manage the engineering budget.
- Establish effective and efficient engineering processes and policies.
You’ll Succeed With:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 15+ years’ experience in Software Engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience developing software, preferably SaaS.
- 10+ years’ experience managing software engineers and architects.
- 5+ years’ experience managing managers and multiple teams.
- A passion for solving complex customer challenges via agile product delivery.
- Extensive experience with organizational design, and leading and scaling global, multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent knowledge of SaaS software technologies and a passion for software best practices and design patterns.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to drive initiatives within engineering and new product to customers.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and decision-making skills driving high-impact, rapid, and iterative change in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent business acumen, enabling collaboration with leadership and non-technical stakeholders on company-wide projects.
- Extensive experience managing budgets in a fast-paced and cost-efficient environment.
- Extensive experience working in agile software development environments.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Certified Agile Scrum Master and/or Product Owner Certification(s).
- Knowledge of PHP, Perl, NodeJS, Python, JS, Vue.js, React, MySQL, Redis, and SQS.
- Experience implementing cross-department incident escalation flows.
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket).
- Ability to speak multiple languages.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open vacation policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. We are also dedicated to your personal and professional development at Cloudbeds. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your individual growth! If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!